...because a picture worth more than a thousand words...
Up | Down | Top | Bottom

Friday, September 22, 2006

unexpected day

rasa cam nk nangis (10000x) i just dun expect 2mrow is ramadan...i was hoping that it will be on sunday...i received a msg from hannah (1 of my colleague) saying that 2mrow is ramadan when i was doing venflon on patient during my very 1st on call, oh my goodness! d 1st thing coming into my mind is I'M GOING BACK 2 DUNDEE 2NIGHT! i was in perth @ PRI for medicine 1 just now n i'mactually planning to stay there for tonight but i changed my plan on d spot..lucky me, kirsten, she s d 5th yr studt on call wif me today offered me a ride back 2 dundee..we r supposed to come for post take ward round 2mrow morning but both of us r not going to be there, n dr brown, d consultant on call is not expecting us to be there...besides, theres not many patient for todat tho...

talking bout today, i dun think its a good day but i learned lots of new things..i din expect today turn tobe like this...there s nothing to do in d morning until 1, the 1st patient only came in at 1+. we were bored waiting for patient...n then everything started, 3 margaret's came in, which we thought, oh, its a margaret day...3 patients wif same forename came in n we clerked 1 of them...she has SOB, obvious purse lip breathing n rhonchi all over d lungs, n i suspected there s a left basal crep which my colleague dun think so, but i believe there s a bit bcos when her cxr came back, there s slight consolidation of her left lower lung lobe..i wasnt wrong just that im not confident enuf...i did venflon on her n i manage thatbut i cudnt get bld fr d venflon.her bld was rushing out n they all spills onto d bed..wat a waste of bld...felt so guilty bcos i actually need >20 ml bld cos we had 2 do bld culture 4 her but i just waste them, her bld was all over d bed.

my 2nd venflon, alhamdullillah i manage to get it but same prob, cudnt get her bld, i'm so worried if i din get d venflon on d right place, but she was fine when i flush sum water..i'm pretty sure that i got it right, n yes i am bcos during d evening ward round, i saw d lady was getting her fluid thru my venflon...she has a difficult vein , mind u...she remind me before i did that on her, she said only her gp can get bld from her n she screamed everytime i put a needle on her...hah...n just now on my way back to dundee, kirsten told me that she had transfusion reaction, they gave her bld transfusion bcos she s anaemic, ohh..poor lady..i hope she ll be fine..

evening ward round... got asked many questions by dr.brown...feel stupid cos cudnt answer sum of his easy questions..spinal cord end at?L2 n i answered S2, huhu...memalukan aje...compression of T12 causing LMNL instead ofUMNL..then mass in neck?wat cud it be?i got it right just i took my own sweet time before confidently answer that...nasib baek i can answer his other Q...n then after ward round, went down to get sumthing 2 eat but....d vendor machine telan all my money..40p...ceh...geram tol..so berlaparlah kejap..back to ward, d jho gave me a yogurt..so thats my dinner...

n then venflon again, alhamdullillah i managed to do them all, took bld, ecg, request cxr....at bout 8 i started to clerk a new patient, her history was very vague...she was admitted becos of collapse but she denied that...she said she s just drowsy, fell from chair but still aware of d surroundings...n she had 4 days episode of diarrhoea...history of colon cancer...what s her diagnosis..uh no...i just dunno, after taking history, do PE, then fill in her kardex n request ecg, i went to get my bag n then cabut la...sbb it was already 5 past 10.. yeah..i'm goin back to dundee...

waited for kirsten bf, david..he s 1 of d bmsc student actually, ive met him before, during bridging..he s nice...david dun really know d way to PRi, he got lost few times before finally met us...then he got lost again...he drove towards north instead of west...we both insist him to turn back but he din want 2 listen to ask until kirsten wanted to call her da to ask for direction...david was scared of kirsten dad's..haha...we almost missed dundee again at d roundabout but finally we got d right way back to dundee...so reached home at half past 11...feeling hungry, tired..i want 2 sleep..but i think i better stay up till subuh then only i sleep, do my taraweeh, hv my dinner+supper+sahur together..online for a while..update my blog(which i m doin now) update my patient detail...wait for subuh n then i want to sleep till 2mrow zuhur..haha..stop here...happy ramadan to all...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home