...because a picture worth more than a thousand words...
Up | Down | Top | Bottom

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

“MISI PELAJAR MENDEKATI ACEH”

On Saturday, 6th August 2005, I ‘ve joined a trip to Aceh. There were 12 of us, 10 medical students (zue, raudah, usop, shuib, muhaimin, acab, johan, israq, zuhdi and me) including a doctor and israq’s mum. We departured from KLIA at 8 pm and arrived an hour later. From Medan, we travelled to Aceh by van.

The journey took about 17 hours before we finally reached Meulaboh. The girls (zue, raudah, makcik and me) were then sent to a female orphanage. The orphans were very happy to meet us. We spent time with them for about 2 days; we talk together, help them with their homework’s, help them to iron their uniforms, prepare them before going to school. They were very friendly as if they already knew us for a long time. It was a sweet memory. I hope that I’ll be able to see them again one day.
From Meulaboh, we moved to a village nearby, Suak Timah and Cok Darat, where we set up our mobile clinic there. It was a valuable experience to join such clinic as I have much opportunity to meet different kinds of people (some of them dun even understand what u re talking) and variety of illnesses. I have the chance to clerk the patient, take bp, examine their eye and ear (which I initially dun remember how to use that thing although I’ve been taught once) and prescribed their medications (hopefully I gave them the right tablets =) Besides, I also have the chance to meet the villagers there where we prayed together and have ‘tazkirah’. The thing that I won’t forget for my entire life is the condition where we stayed; there wasn’t a proper toilet when we first arrived! Another thing is that when we took a boat to get to another village (Lhok Bubon). I was quite frustrated when we have to go back to the jetty again and took our van instead as our boat cannot land there. However, this is really a precious experience I’ve ever had…hope to see u again aceh…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home